How to get there & parking
For up-to-date travel information, please go to ov9292.nl
- By train from Amsterdam or Utrecht Central Station to Weesp. At the train station in Weesp, you can take bus 110 to the stop Muiden Centrum. From here, it is a 10-minute walk to Muiderslot castle.
- There are bus connections to Muiden from Amsterdam Amstel Station. Line 320 (to Hilversum Station), line 322 (to Almere Parkwijk), and line 327 (to Almere De Steiger) to the stop P+R Muiden. From here, you can either walk to the castle (30 minutes) or switch to bus 110 to the stop Muiden Centrum (it is a 10-minute walk from here).
- From Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA station, bus line 209 (to Laren) will take you to P+R Muiden on business days. From here, you can either walk to the castle (30 minutes) or switch to bus 110 to the stop Muiden Centrum (it is a 10-minute walk from here).
Cycling is a great way to visit the castle, with several lovely routes around full of nature. Check out our bike tour from Amsterdam to Muiden. Or check your route with Google maps.
From May to October the Amsterdam Tourist Ferry sails from the port of Amsterdam IJburg to Muiderslot castle in weekends and school holidays. You have to book in advance via this website. The ferry departs from Krijn Taconiskade 124a, Amsterdam (tram 26 from Amsterdam CS, stop Lumièrestraat).
Schools and groups can request an exclusive group ferry trip via this website.
On the A1 motorway, follow the signs for exit 3 Muiden/Weesp. Please check out the different parking options below.
- Car park P1 (Maxisweg): free of charge. It is a 15-minute walk from here to Muiderslot castle.
- Car park P2 (Mariahoeveweg): free of charge. It is a 15-minute walk from here.
- P+R Muiden: free of charge. It is a 30-minute walk from here. You can also travel by bus from here (please refer to the heading ‘By public transport’).
There are free parking spaces near the entrance of Muiderslot castle for persons with a parking permit for the disabled.
There is a limited number of paid parking spaces near Muiderslot castle and in the town center of Muiden. The rate is €2.40 per hour or €21.60 for the day.
Touring cars can drive up to the bus loop midway on the Ton Kootsingel. Passengers can disembark there and walk to the entrance of Muiderslot castle in just a few minutes. Touring cars can then park free of charge at P+R Muiden car park P1 or P2.