Share this event on:
Back to the agenda
The Muiderslot has an interesting culinary history. Our own castle chef would be happy to tell you all about it. His tastings include a guided tour of the castle and gardens (weather permitting), followed by a historical tasting. The tastings during the summer holidays are all about plum season at the Muiderslot. The menu consists of plum liqueur, plum cake, cheese with plum compote and chutney, as well as fresh and marinated plums with herbs from the castle garden.
What did the people in this castle eat, and how did they prepare it? What was their ‘poor man’s meal’, and what did the rich eat? How did they use the herbs from the garden? And what stories do the culinary paintings in the museum tell? During the tasting, the castle chef will tell you all about medieval and 17th century food culture. Each season has a different theme. A reservation is required.
Book a tasting for a group:
Did you know you can also book a historical tasting for a group? Perfect for a team outing or a birthday for example, from 6 up to 16 people. For more information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The surcharge of this tasting is €10,- on top of your regular entrance ticket.
- Note: some tastings are offered in English. This will be indicated when you buy your ticket.
- This activity is only for adults.
- Language: Dutch!
Good to know:
- The tasting consists of various appetizers. It is not a full meal.
- Whether the tasting takes place indoors or outdoors, depends on the weather.
- There’s a maximum of 16 people.
- The tasting’s theme is seasonal, and changes regularly. You’re welcome to join more than once!